The first class will be introduced on Friday, December 8th
PRESS RELEASE I For The Citizen
PARIS, KY – It took some time, but now that all of the large and small details have been worked out, the inaugural Bourbon County High School Sports Hall of Fame Banquet will be held on Saturday December 9th, on the campus of Bourbon County High School.
The 2023 Hall of Fame Class will be introduced on Friday, December 8th, prior to the start of the Bourbon County boys’ varsity basketball game verses Bracken County, which will get underway at 7:30 pm. There will also be a reception for the new inductees that same evening at 6:00. On Saturday the 9th, the inductees will be invited to the Hall of Fame Banquet that will be held inside the Bourbon County High School cafeteria starting at 6:00 pm.
Each inductee will receive 2 tickets to the game and banquet. If they have more guests (or anyone from the public that would like to attend) for the banquet, tickets will be $20 and may be purchased via this link: https://gofan.co/event/1135500?schoolId=KY2740 The committed have asked, for planning purposes, please try to purchase additional tickets by November 20, 2023.
The Hall of Fame committee would like to thank everyone who submitted nominees and information for this year’s inaugural hall of fame class.
–-Bourbon County Schools Athletic Hall of Fame–
Mission: To recognize and honor those who have made valuable contributions to the rich tradition of Bourbon County Athletics.
Hall of Fame Policies:
- Individuals may be nominated as a player, coach, or supporter of Bourbon County Athletics.
- Teams as a whole may also be nominated.
- The maximum number of individuals admitted per year will be 3. One team can be admitted as well for a total of 4 inductees. (The first year will be the exception).
- All nominees should be of good character and shall be good role models. Inductees shall not have been convicted of a felony. If discovery of a felony occurs after induction, or one occurs while in the Hall of Fame, then that inductee will be removed as a member of the hall of fame.
- Athletes must be a Bourbon County graduate and be 10 years removed from graduation. They should have an exceptional, verifiable record as a Bourbon County athlete.
- Former coaches of Bourbon County may be nominated if they are no longer coaching.
- Those individuals who have made outstanding contributions to athletics outside of being an athlete or coach.
Recognition and Privileges of Membership:
- Inductees will be recognized at the first home football game and honored at a Hall of Fame banquet on the Saturday following that game.
- A plaque will be presented to individual inductees. A permanent recognition of the Hall of Fame will be in the High School front hallway.
- Individual inductees will be given lifetime passes to all Bourbon County regular season home athletic events (does not include in-season tournaments, classics, or bowl games).
- Nomination forms can be found on the BCHS Athletics website as well as the District and High School pages. Forms should be submitted to the Bourbon County High School Athletic Director. All forms will be kept on file for 5 years.
- The nomination deadline is May 1st of each year.
- The committee will meet and select the Hall of Fame inductees by June 15th.
- Inductees will be notified immediately and the information will be made public by July 1.
ALL PHOTOS FROM THE BOURBON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS!