Part of the Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP)
LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 7, 2022) – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) advises motorists of a planned project for Russell Cave Road/KY 353 in Fayette County. The work is part of the Highway Safety Improvement program. The HSIP program is designed to provide safety upgrades for roadways.
The safety upgrades will include; resurfacing, shouldering, improving curve alignment, new signage, enhanced striping, and drainage advancements. The work is located along Russell Cave Road/KY 353 from the I 75 Overpass extending Northeast to the Fayette-Bourbon County line.
The project was awarded to L-M Asphalt Partners LTD D/B/A in the amount of $2,393,396.10. The anticipated date of completion is Monday, October 31.
The schedule for lane closures when in effect:
- temporary lane closures are allowed between the hours of 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. – 7 a.m.
- outbound lane closures can begin at 8:30 a.m./inbound lane closures can end at 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, June 8 – work begins at approximately 8:30 a.m.
Russell Cave Road/KY 353
- lane closures will be in effect at alternate times between milepoints 1.372 and 11.113
- flaggers will be onsite when lane closures are in place to guide and direct motorists
- one lane will remain open at all times
- the traveling public will be able to pass through the work zone
All work/closures are scheduled on a tentative basis, and subject to change depending on weather, emergencies and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.
District 7 includes: Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Clark, Fayette, Garrard, Jessamine, Madison, Mercer, Montgomery, Scott and Woodford Counties
Keep up with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet: